POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPEG2000 : Re: JPEG2000 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPEG2000
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 7 Mar 2004 14:51:19
Message: <404b7d37$1@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns94A591C2033C7tomatimporg@203.29.75.35> , Tom Galvin
<tom### [at] imporg>  wrote:

> Evidently the royal "We".  You have already been informed by one of the
> admins that jpeg2000 is not "currently" an approved format.  That may
> change in the future.  Get over it.  There is another option currently
> available to you that will display your images in all their glory.  Use it
> or don't.  In the meantime, don't expect approval for breaking the rules.

BTW, in my post in p.b.i I just pointed out that it is against etiquette,
not against any rule, of these groups.  And I did not say posting in any
other format is not allowed or against some rule, just that in the interest
of everybody else, one should always try to post in formats that everybody
can view easily.  Doing so is simply more productive.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde